[TYPO3-typo3org] Please spam me not, t3con13

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Fri Oct 4 08:05:01 CEST 2013

Hello Olivier,

> I was one of the people that decided that we should inform:
> b) those who logged in within the last 365 to typo3.org
>
> I am not sure if being informed about a TYPO3 Event is near to Spam.

You sent us an email advertising event tickets. This mail was sent to
an email address I used for typo3.org registration, so that I can
report bugs and send in patches.

In no way did I ask to get promotional emails about any events.
During registration, there was no indication that I would receive
advertising emails sometime in the future with on that email address.

Getting an opt-out is after sending the mails out is no solution.
I didn't want those emails when I first registered, and I don't want
them now. Make it an opt-in only.

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-