[TYPO3-typo3org] What should happen to buzz.typo3.org?

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Wed Jun 27 16:38:50 CEST 2012

Hi Ben

I have been working heavily with T3BLOG. At the current state I can't
recommend it. It works fine if you just want to have an out-of-the-box
running blog where everything (content, widgets) is on the same page.

As soon as you want to separate and customize things, problems will
start. Have a look at the bugtracker. I'm discussing some improvements
there.

The current solution is based on tt_news and Timtab. Maybe we could take
this as an opportunity to discuss whether TYPO3 (v4) needs one
stand-alone blog extension based on Extbase or if some extension could
extend the "news" extension with comments, trackback, pingback, RSS and co.

Best regards,

Lorenz