[TYPO3-typo3org] What should happen to buzz.typo3.org?

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Wed Jun 27 11:35:41 CEST 2012

Hello,

>> I would prefer having a "better buzz" over private blogs and an
>> aggregator. As Steffen mentions, Buzz posts are often information about
>> new TYPO3 stuff that are more interesting for devs than for the whole
>> world.
>
> +1

Can't we have both actually?

A blog system where people could buzz without the need to have / maintain their own blog system
*and* a TYPO3 Planet where feeds get aggregated and where people can push an "external" blog entry
to be listed there. I find that a Planet would bring the benefit to collect all the noise around
TYPO3 and therefore would increase visibility.

> Isn't it funny that most samples for Extbase and FLOW3 were about a blog
> extension but there is no well working blog solution for TYPO3 ?

Isn't it the occasion to properly finish the (FLOW3) blog plugin if there are enough good souls
around. I would prefer that over WP, personally. But that's a matter of man power eventually.

>> When we aggregate blogs, we may have posts from some very cool blogs,
>> but we will also have posts like book announcements, "I found a new and
>> very cool TypoScript snippet", off-topics that have less relevancy than
>> Buzz posts.
>
> but a book announcement is also something which interests me as core dev
> as there are alreays people asking me "which book should i use" and the
> answer "i read the code" isn't very helpful ;)

True that a Planet might have less flavour and focus that a buzz. That's because two independent
systems with different needs in mind would make sense.

Cheers,

Fabien