[TYPO3-typo3org] What should happen to buzz.typo3.org?

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Mon Jul 30 01:44:44 CEST 2012

Am Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:47:58 +0200 schrieb Robert Lemke:

> Hi folks,
>
> On 28.06.2012, at 19:35, ben van 't ende <ben.vantende at typo3.org> wrote:
>
>> Please add your thoughts, ideas and requirements here:
>>
>> http://wiki.typo3.org/Buzz
>

> some more thoughts, not added to the wiki yet:
>
> I agree that we need both - a planet and a blog platform for those who
> don't have or don't want to have their own blog which is being
> aggregated (typically teams). The FLOW3 "Blog Example" _basically_ works
> for me for some time now but of course lacks various features. However,
> I have some plans with this package: I recently started looking at
> converting the blog example app into a plugin for Phoenix. My goal is to
> convert my own website into a Phoenix site soon and make blog posts some
> first-class content type in the Phoenix content repository. From then on
> I also want to implement features I wished I had for a long time, such
> as support for code syntax highlighting and better media support (more
> images, videos …).
>
> So my suggestion is this: create a well-designed planet which basically
> aggregates any source. That planet could be the original planet FLOW3
> app converted into a Phoenix plugin so that planet.typo3.org would
> actually become a Phoenix website. For teams and others interested,
> there will be backend logins so they can write blog posts (buzz
> replacements) which are included in some way or the other.
>
> What do you think?

It is a pity you will do a lot of work for your website and the community
will still miss a good blog-extension full of features and easy to
configure.
I know at least 2 persons who does not get the Blog-Example to work in
their design and realised their "blog" with other extensions (with a lot
of features of a real blog missing)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html