[TYPO3-typo3org] Overview over Extensions

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Mar 8 21:15:09 CET 2010

Hi Kay,

Kay Strobach schrieb:
> Hello Steffen,
>
> sry, but i do have another suggestion for the gui:
>
> it would be nice, if there would be an ajax progress bar while
> downloading the extension list from ter.
> especially on slow internetconnections this could prevent users from
> getting a timeout ;) (Having only 0.5Mbit is not nice ;)

yes, this is planned too. As it's a big rewrite i work on special parts
one after the other. Also Marcus Krause makes the xml parsing and we are
in the profiling zone now to speed that up. Later it shoud be ajaxified.

The complete layout is not the final, i make functionality first, and
Jens will help desigbning and make it userfriendly.

The biggest effort in my eyes is that you have all in one view, so you
are not nageed with loading pages all the time.

vg Steffen