[TYPO3-typo3org] typo3.org Packages and Download page (continued)
fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Feb 28 20:55:39 CET 2010
Here's the next iteration:
*** for the Packages page:
- the order of the elements on the page. After a short intro (slightly
modified to provide links to content further down) comes the version
matrix followed by the package explanation (which really the legend of
the matrix). Then comes the "At a glance" paragraph, then the new
paragraph about 4.4 added by Benni in the meantime, and last the link to
SourceForge for the older packages.
- in the matrix itself, I have added the release dates of each the
latest maintenance releases.
*** for the Download page:
- I moved here Steffen's idea of large buttons with download links to
the latest version (without the button styles for now). Question is
whether we really need to link to source, source+dummy and dummy, or
only to some of these?
- after that I added a paragraph for older versions, with a drop-down
menu for quick access and a link to the Packages page
- finally I put the link to the Installers in a separate paragraph.
The layout does't fit with the picture, but let's not talk about design
*** Last note:
What was *not* changed yet is the wording of source/dummy, since we
didn't really reach a consensus yet and we can roll out improvements one
after the other.
Thanks to all those who gave some feedback and let's keep improving
Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch
More information about the TYPO3-team-typo3org