[TYPO3-typo3org] Version matrix to become the new packages page [Was: Version matrix: MySQL 5.1 for TYPO3 >= 4.3]

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 16 21:59:39 CET 2010

Hi,

I agree with Ingmar's idea that there should some kind of quick download
link. Actually let's remember that there *is* a "Download" page. The big
buttons could be on that page, with a link to the Packages pages. Right
now, the Download page is only mildly useful.

> [TYPO3 all-in-one (tarball)] [TYPO3 source (tarball)] [TYPO3 dummy
> (tarball)]
> [TYPO3 all-in-one (zip)] [TYPO3 source (zip)] [TYPO3 dummy (zip)]

This already goes to show that TYPO3 is not so easy for the beginner ;-)
but I can't see how this could be avoided. Maybe we could just improve
the terminology, but I have no great idea right now.

Now what about the thing with both a tar and a zip. Does Windows really
still not provide a tar utility by default? If a zip archive is still a
necessity, maybe the large buttons should download only zip versions,
although it's quite a bit larger.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter