[TYPO3-typo3org] Version matrix to become the new packages page [Was: Version matrix: MySQL 5.1 for TYPO3 >= 4.3]

Philipp Gampe phil at philippgampe.info
Tue Feb 16 00:06:28 CET 2010

Am 15.02.2010, 21:45 Uhr, schrieb Ingmar Schlecht <ingmar at typo3.org>:

> I think download pages should be as simple as possible, and should
> ideally contain one green download button

this would make download easier, but TYPO3 is not a "download and play"
piece of software ... so I like it as it is ... force people to look

maybe an anker (if it does not even exist already) would be nice, so you
can create a bookmark to jump to download directly

if you want to make something fancy, you can turn these first three grey
pictures into a link and make them become download buttons on hover
... but to what should the link to ? source+dummy [zip] ? for quick
download and run?
Huh, won't work unless you know what you are doing, but then you would
properly use one of the other downloads instead (either source or dummy).
So forcing the visitor to read a little is not so bad... he will need to
read thousands pages of manual anyway if he wants to create a website with
TYPO3.

TYPO3 is not Wordpress/Joomla!/Drupal or Firefox ... we don't need a big
red download now button

Just my 2¢

--
Philipp Gampe