[TYPO3-typo3org] [Announcement] Mailinglists: Now online again, under a new address!

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Oct 20 12:23:24 CEST 2009

Hi Francois,

 The old addresses, lists.netfielders.de and news.netfielders.de will
>> stay there for a limited timeframe only, so please change your newsgroup
>> subscriptions to the new address.
>>

> Two questions:
>
> 1) what about the private lists? We can't re-subscribe to them, do we?

You don't need to resubscribe to any mailing lists. All subscriptions have
been kept, of course.

In case of the newsreader, you just add your credentials (the login you got
from me) in the newsserver configuration.

2) I do a lot of tagging and marking of messages, especially for the core
> list. This information will be lost when I re-subscribe. I suppose there's
> no miracle solution? :-(

After a while the forward of lists.netfielders.de will be turned off.
However, you can still continue to use that server by keeping a reference in
your /etc/hosts file. That way there is no reason the switch the newsserver
at all...

- michael