[TYPO3-typo3org] A place for sysext manuals

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Jun 13 20:25:37 CEST 2009

Hi,

Daniel Bruessler schrieb:
> Hello Michael and Francois,
>
> "doc_extkey" is already in use by the core-docs => we can use this as
> convention.
>
> The question is, if it's better for TYPO3, when the sysext-manuals are
> available fast (when already in the installation-package) or TYPO3 is as
> small as possible (when all sysext-manuals are external doc-extensions).
>
> I see doc_indexed_search has 1.1MB in the moment, that's really much. If
> we calc 350kB * 36 [number of sysext], we get 12.3 MB of manuals.
>
> -> Does it matter, if TYPO3 would be 12.3 MB bigger?

may be we seperate it, and add a "doc packages" which adds all docs for
sysexts. Would be the easiest solution.

On t3org the simplest solution would be to add a prerendered dir and
show it with the plugin with special configuration.

But i'm still excluded from t3org, so no chance to do anything ... :(

vg Steffen