[TYPO3-typo3org] A place for sysext manuals

Daniel Bruessler danielb at typo3.org
Sat Jun 13 15:42:26 CEST 2009

Hello Michael and Francois,

"doc_extkey" is already in use by the core-docs => we can use this as
convention.

The question is, if it's better for TYPO3, when the sysext-manuals are
available fast (when already in the installation-package) or TYPO3 is as
small as possible (when all sysext-manuals are external doc-extensions).

I see doc_indexed_search has 1.1MB in the moment, that's really much. If
we calc 350kB * 36 [number of sysext], we get 12.3 MB of manuals.

-> Does it matter, if TYPO3 would be 12.3 MB bigger?

Cheers!
Daniel