[TYPO3-typo3org] "Sites made with TYPO3"

Daniel Hinderink daniel at typo3.org
Fri May 16 11:52:52 CEST 2008

hi Kian,

Kian T. Gould schrieb:
> Hi Daniel
>
> In my opinion the idea of this top brand listing should be that when a
> big company comes to the TYPO3.org listing, they can see that TYPO3 is
> not a system that is only useful for small community websites and
> homepages but they can see that it is a full enterprise class CMS and
> there are references their proofing it.

You are assuming that this kind of customer is visiting this site.

I think the much more likely scenario is that developers thinking about
using TYPO3 are looking at this site. Also sales people from agencies
might take a look (new and existing TYPO3 service providers alike).

To the developers the brands are interesting, but what is even more
interesting is what you can _do_ with this software.

So a rating that has more facets seems like a good solution.

1. features
2. design
3. brand

in no particular order would be possible criteria that are easy enough
to understand. To excell in the features department, users must describe
the features in the text, which is a good thing too.

Therefore I thought that its
> important that the top brands are really top brands and that they are
> display in a way that there are always real top brands on that list, but
> who determines what a top brand is, if its not through some kind of
> ranking method.

As I said: somebody (not me, but may be you?) does the job of assigning
references the brand flag. Then they are listed either chronologically
(last additions on top) or on the basis of their average ratings (see
3.rd above).

> Are you aware of any European rankings for company / brand values?

Again, they are not comprehensive. Here we have something that takes
human judgement, all other solutions don't work I think.

> agree with your concern about using an anglo-american ranking for TYPO3.

It's fine if it is not the only one and just a hint, but not the reference.

Finally just going for companies on the stock exchange, like somebody
proposed, leaves out tons of great brands. Think of Schwan-STABILO or
any NGO like Greenpeace.

cheers

Daniel