[TYPO3-typo3org] "Sites made with TYPO3"

Daniel Hinderink daniel at typo3.org
Wed May 7 14:32:30 CEST 2008

Hi Kian,

> Any idea of what they would charge for that, of course we could also do
> it ourselves. I think the idea is very good lets brainstorm a bit more
> on it.

Check with them directly please.

> I think the idea should be that only brands that are listed in the
> Top100 ranking from Millward can be added to the top brands list.

I am not that impressed with Millward Brown's ranking method (which is
pretty opaque) to make it our reference. Additionally our main market is
still D/A/CH. Brands like SIXT make for good references here, but are
not represented in the US.

So I guess we have to find another yard stick, or better still, somebody
to trust on such a matter.

So the
> way we could do it is that we have a field that is optional in the
> reference form that says Millward ranking with a link to the current PDF
> http://www.millwardbrown.com/Sites/Optimor/Media/Pdfs/en/BrandZ/BrandZ-2008-Report.pdf
> for people to look up if their project is on the Top100 list and on what
> position. When someone fills out this field an e-mail gets send to
> someone suitable (I could do it without a problem but maybe also more
> than one person so it gets done quickly) saying that they added a
> listing, then the person can check if the position they put in is real
> or not and confirm it if it is.

I don't think we need a function like that. Just somebody with enough
judgement checking the new additions will do.

> I like the idea of putting the newest top brand sites at the top as long
> as only Top 100 sites appear there and when you click on more you get
> them listed in the actual ranking order from Millward.

Why that?

> Any other ideas to that? The only issue I see is that when the new
> ranking comes out the values are not valid anymore so there I would
> suggest a mechanism where the person that checks the rankings can send
> out an e-mail blast to all people that have a top brand ranking to ask
> them to check if their Millward ranking id is still correct. Any better
> ideas?

If there are two rankings, and I certainly don't want to loose the
community ranking (!), I believe we can keep what we already have for
the community picks and simply add the second without having to touch
the first.

cheers

Daniel