[TYPO3-typo3org] "Sites made with TYPO3"

Kian T. Gould nospam at aoemedia.de
Fri May 2 09:42:10 CEST 2008

Hi guys

Thanks a lot for this new extension which was IMHO very overdue. I think
the features are getting there now but after a first trial we noticed a
major flaw of the system, which is the voting ability. We added our
largest and most complex reference CISCO Systems to the list, which is
currently definitely the biggest reference on the list because so far
mostly small projects were added and what happened? It was voted down by
a lot of people that added small projects and voted for them themselves
and is now not even under the Top sites anymore. When a potential
corporation interested in using TYPO3 sees these Top sites, they
probably would think that TYPO3 is a small community platform and not
suitable for their needs and rather turn to other systems which is
exactly what we don't want with a system like this. This way again we
have an unqualified listing of references that has some more info but is
in no way more differenciating than the old system.

There are two sites there right now that deserve to be their IMHO, those
being fotobuch AG and Tourismus Hamburg (and CISCO of course :-) ) but
the rest is really not a great presentation of the TYPO3 power.

Therefore I would like to open the discussion to ideas and suggestions
how a voting process could be done in a way that the Top sites are
really representations of the power of TYPO3 and not a result of voting
manipulation. If you totally don't agree with me please also give your
input, maybe I am looking at this from the wrong perspective.

Best Regards
Kian