[TYPO3-typo3org] What should support.typo3.org do?

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Nov 30 23:45:46 CET 2007

"Daniel Brüßler" <info at -remove-patchworking.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1196461267.12188.typo3-team-typo3org at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hello Michael,
>
> nice that you ask before you do something!
>
> We need a search in newsgroups, so we just need a software to search and
> browse throught the archive.
>

> == Gmane ==
> main <http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.devel>
>
> overview <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.devel>
>
> search results
> <http://search.gmane.org/search.php?group=gmane.comp.cms.lenya.devel&query=kupu>
>
> Download "The Weaver Daemon" <http://gmane.org/dist.php>
>

> == No forum ==
> A forum would confuse people because people would have to decide where
> to post a new message: in one of the newsgroup or in the forum.
>
> kind regards
> Daniel
>

>> I'm discussing with the TYPO3 Association what to update
>> support.typo3.org with. As such the following questions. Now we need
>> your help to guide our decisions.
>>
>> What should support.typo3.org do?
>>
>> What software recommendations, preferably open source, should run on
>> support.typo3.org to pull in the various mailing lists into one location
>> for easy searching.
>>
>> Regarding the server, Punkt.de is willing to sponsor a server for
>> support.typo3.org.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> -----
>> Michael Cannon
>> President of Cannonbose, LLC
>> +1 (800) 559-9773   |   +1 (603) 559-9773   |   Fax : +1 (802) 609-2776

Hi Daniel,

i'm currently working on a nntp-solution with mm_forum. There is possibility
to search (should be improved) and I make postings as emails, not adding
them to DB.
I think it's an easy method as people are used to handle forums and feel
like a Forum, but is a newsreader/poster.
I will inform you about progresses, as this won't be finished tomorrow ;-)

vg  Steffen