[TYPO3-typo3org] support.typo3.org: Lack of response from Alex of TEK Dev in US

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] mathias at typo3.org
Fri Nov 30 09:55:13 CET 2007

Elmar Hinz schrieb:
> I don't share this estimation. It's not not highly inefficient. It's not
> even inefficient.

It is inefficient to start working on things without a proper (!) concept.
After that you need wireframes and then you start coding.

> You know yourself, that deploying step by step is a common practice in
> software development, even in the propriatery sector, the more in open
> source. Keeping the development process tight to user, gives important
> feedback, before it is to late to adjust. Remember the origin of the name
> A-patch-e?

I don't think you can compare software and websites.

> But the most important thing is, that every week a missing feature is
> available the earlier, is a week of effectiveness for the community as a
> whole.

Agreed.
But still keep the bigger picture in mind (which I guess you don't).

> It would be a good idea, if I would not invest my resources in other fields
> of the community at the same time. But I do. Maybe I come back to this
> offer in a while and ask for access to typo3.org.

Then please let us do our job for the time being.

> Meanwhile I think there are people who are willing to fix or contribute some
> urgent thingis on typo3.org, if a serious contact for volunteers is only
> available and communicated.

All taken care of.

> We need to match the resources and the requirements. The hurdles to
> contribute seem to high to me for the average volunteer. Resources are not
> used. That's IMHO an important point to work upon.

Great.
I just install tt_removehurdles and we're done ;-)

Most things you say are totally right, we have identified the problems.
Now we need a way of implementing this without so many hurdles.
I could of course just code tt_participate and open up another 20
problems in other places.

So all I ask for is just to trust us in what we're doing instead of
flaming all the way down without helping.

peace
Mattes

--
T3A AM