[TYPO3-typo3org] support.typo3.org: Lack of response from Alex of TEK Dev in US

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 26 16:30:15 CET 2007

Hi Mathias,

> The advantage is that we have a lot more things in mind than this.
> So basically if we start fighting fires at every corner we will get a
> patchwork kind of website.
> And this is highly inefficient.

I don't share this estimation. It's not not highly inefficient. It's not
even inefficient.

You know yourself, that deploying step by step is a common practice in
software development, even in the propriatery sector, the more in open
source. Keeping the development process tight to user, gives important
feedback, before it is to late to adjust. Remember the origin of the name
A-patch-e?

But the most important thing is, that every week a missing feature is
available the earlier, is a week of effectiveness for the community as a
whole.

> Idea:
> Join the team, get involved, help fixing things that take "few efforts".
> This is what the team is there for.

It would be a good idea, if I would not invest my resources in other fields
of the community at the same time. But I do. Maybe I come back to this
offer in a while and ask for access to typo3.org.

Meanwhile I think there are people who are willing to fix or contribute some
urgent thingis on typo3.org, if a serious contact for volunteers is only
available and communicated.

We need to match the resources and the requirements. The hurdles to
contribute seem to high to me for the average volunteer. Resources are not
used. That's IMHO an important point to work upon.

Regards

Elmar