[TYPO3-typo3org] support.typo3.org: Lack of response from Alex of TEK Dev in US

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] mathias at typo3.org
Mon Nov 26 09:49:25 CET 2007

Elmar Hinz schrieb:
> It's the old problem, that those who would like to setup a solution, don't
> have access to typo3.org and those who have access, don't want to setup a
> solution -- no time.

I somehow don't like the "don't want to".
No time means "cannot" in my terms.

> There is an official working group for typo3.org. But instead of shipping a
> part of the solution every month, they seem to want to come out with one
> big blow. Is there an advantage in this?

The advantage is that we have a lot more things in mind than this.
So basically if we start fighting fires at every corner we will get a
patchwork kind of website.
And this is highly inefficient.

> Meanwhile important things, that could be fixed with really few efforts,
> stay unfixed for a long time. Still have hope for a change in this
> procedure, if more people insist upon.

Idea:
Join the team, get involved, help fixing things that take "few efforts".
This is what the team is there for.

By doing so you could take care of the things.
Don't get me wrong, but flaming against our work does not help at all -
in fact it's kind of counterproductive.

What do you think?

--
T3A AM