[TYPO3-typo3org] Rebuilding TYPO3.org

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Mon Mar 12 12:39:20 CET 2007

Am Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:35:27 +0100 schrieb Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3]:

> Hello folks,
>
> as some might already know it is my task to get TYPO3.org to its limits
> in order to have all the features running that have been working as well
> as a lot of new stuff to make your daily work with it more pleasant.

Hi Mathias,

it is good, that the maintainance of typo3.org will be carried on more
shoulders than in the past and that it is done in an organized way.

I would like to help. But it is better to focus one task and to bring
that to a result. My next target is to get lib/div to beta and to stable
this year. So for now I can not promise help.

Anyway I like to contribute some suggestions at least:

 * TER: Automatically generated links from each extension to a wikipage on
   wiki.typo3.org with the extension key as name. Users can follow the
   link from TER ande can directly write down experiences, howtos and
   receips for that extension.

 * TER: A comment tool for TER like the user comments in php.net for each
   extension.

 * Single-Singn-On for all tools including wiki.typo3.org

 * Integrated frontend to the news lists.

 * Demo Login for interested users.

 * Prominent one-click-links to central services of the community:
   Download, Demo, Wiki, Docu, TER, Mailinglists, Bugtracker
   (Currently I need 3 clicks to get a download)

 * Team pages with edit access for 2 editors of each team

 * A bunch of Web 2.0 community tools like started with http://buzz.typo3.org/

 * A search configuration that enables a search in all parts of the tools
   including bugs, wiki, mailinglists, etc.

 Regards

 Elmar