[TYPO3-typo3org] typo3 4.0.5

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Fri Mar 9 14:15:51 CET 2007

Am Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:14:01 +0100 schrieb :

> Hi.
>
> On 09.03.2007 10:41 Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>>
>> Well, this is normal. Why offer previous version if new is available?
>> Core team is interested to support less vesions, so it is natural that
>> only 4.1 is proposed on the main page.
>>

> It sounds like:
> Since we have 4.1, 4.0.x will not be supported any longer.
> If this is true, it should be clearly stated on the the download page.
> IMHO "old" stable is not clear enough.

Well, the new user will install the newest version 4.1 Final.

The experienced user will know that 4.0.5 is rather a "bugfix version"
while 4.1 is a "feature version". And he will be able to decide what he
wants. So for me the naming is fine. But namings could be more clear.

4.0.x could by theory supported with a 4.0.6 and so on. Guess that will
not happen in praxis. The differences to 4.1 aren't that big. So we can
expect that the mayority of the users will update within a short time
corridor an will not need a 4.0.6 for that reason.

Regards

Elmar