[TYPO3-typo3org] Small CSS issue - remove underline for links?

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Fri Feb 23 14:30:37 CET 2007

Ben O'Hear wrote:
> Hi Micheal,
>
> I tend to agree. The homepage is still OK for me, but I do find it
> problematic on TOC-type pages where you really have only a list of links.

So maybe selectively disabling underlines (in toc and some other places)
would be the best option.

> My biggest concern is accessibility - I'm not sure how easy it is for a
> color blind person to recognize links if the only difference is color.
> Anyone have any expert (or first hand) knowledge of color-blindedness?

Indeed, it seems like we'd get into trouble according to

http://colorfilter.wickline.org/?a=1;r=www.google.com/search%3Fq%3Dcolor%2Bblind%2Bwebsite%26ie%3Dutf-8%26oe%3Dutf-8%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla%3Ade%3Aofficial%26client%3Dfirefox-a;l=0;j=1;u=typo3.org/documentation;t=p

> Fully agree with your comment on 'read more'. I'd go a step further and get
> rid of them - linking the title should be enough.

Fine, I'll try to persuade Sebastian to remove it...

Greetings,
Michael