[TYPO3-typo3org] Better Searchresult template

Ben O'Hear ben at revelate.com.es
Tue Feb 6 12:43:18 CET 2007

Hi Boris,

I agree - big improvement. Couple of comments (largely based on the
principle of "if it's good enough for Google..."):

- Writing "Page 1, Page 2, etc" is a bit redundant. How about: "Page: 1  2
3  4"? Also the link to the current page should really be disabled.

- Unless I'm missing some hidden meaning, the icons serve no purpose,
dominate visually and don't even look that good. I'd suggest losing them.

- "Start Search" would be clearer as just "Search"

- Personally I agree with removing the relevance score - the relative
relevance is implicit in the ordering and the absolute one is unlikely to
mean much to the user.

- On the other hand the "Result X-Y from Z" was kind of nice.

- Is it actually useful to have "order by..."? That's the kind of thing
which is invaluable on structured data but I find a bit pointless on free
text searches. If we have to have it, I would suggest moving it to an
"advanced" screen.

- That way the button could also be on the same line as the search field ...

- ... which could be about twice as wide.

- On the topic of which, although this is probably not your doing, why are
the titles truncated so early?

- Is there any chance we could get the button to look like a button (3D-ish
'n' all that)?

Best,

Ben

news:mailman.1.1170717064.12282.typo3-team-typo3org at lists.netfielders.de...