[TYPO3-typo3org] Better Searchresult template
ben at revelate.com.es
Tue Feb 6 12:43:18 CET 2007
I agree - big improvement. Couple of comments (largely based on the
principle of "if it's good enough for Google..."):
- Writing "Page 1, Page 2, etc" is a bit redundant. How about: "Page: 1 2
3 4"? Also the link to the current page should really be disabled.
- Unless I'm missing some hidden meaning, the icons serve no purpose,
dominate visually and don't even look that good. I'd suggest losing them.
- "Start Search" would be clearer as just "Search"
- Personally I agree with removing the relevance score - the relative
relevance is implicit in the ordering and the absolute one is unlikely to
mean much to the user.
- On the other hand the "Result X-Y from Z" was kind of nice.
- Is it actually useful to have "order by..."? That's the kind of thing
which is invaluable on structured data but I find a bit pointless on free
text searches. If we have to have it, I would suggest moving it to an
- That way the button could also be on the same line as the search field ...
- ... which could be about twice as wide.
- On the topic of which, although this is probably not your doing, why are
the titles truncated so early?
- Is there any chance we could get the button to look like a button (3D-ish
'n' all that)?
"Daniel Brüßler" <info at -remove-patchworking.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1170717064.12282.typo3-team-typo3org at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Boris,
> I like it! Looks very good, the green and the softed gray are a good
> idea. We shall use it.
> Two questions are left for me:
> * Why is the "?0" also in your search-results?
> * What's with the relevance-percentage-number? That's a nice feature IMHO
> kind regards
> Daniel Brüßler
> redacted user schrieb:
>> I made a better searchresult page for Typo3.org. 'Better' is meant as
>> getting an easy overview of the result with keeping a relaxed eye and
>> At the moment:
>> Mock-up with the same data:
>> Tested on Win ie6/7, FF, Opera; Mac Safari, FF
>> If somebody decides that this should be implemented on the live system
>> i can certainly help out to do this. I can provide the indexed_search
>> template, css and typoscript.
>> Email: redacted-user at example.org
>> PS: btw there is a bug in the url of the path:
>> "?0=" is added at the end of the url. don't know for what..
More information about the TYPO3-team-typo3org