[TYPO3-typo3org] Initial Meeting

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Tue Apr 10 14:29:01 CEST 2007

> So I want a ping from:
> Elmar (Hinz I guess)

> Everybody willing to help and NOT listed here please update the WIKI
> page, otherwise this will result in a organisational nightmare.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Mattes

Hi Mathias,

nice to find my name on the list. But I can't be active in all fields, so
a silently dropped myself.

I already send in a list of my suggestions, a few threads before.

Maybe I find some time to write a fix for the TER that adds an addon
system to typo3.org to get some more overview into the extensions. This
plan is in very early stage. I did some first thoughts here:

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/EFAQ_Project

There already has been a first brainstorming and decision in ECT
regarding the extension key pattern of addons. The addon key is appended
to the extension key by double underscores. This early decision was due to
the needs for a key for Christian Welzels "kickstarter__mvc" extension.

I just want to stress that I would find it very helpfull if the extension
users could exchange their experience more directly. I suggested comments
below each extensions page and/or an autogenerated link to an extension
related wiki page.

Comparing to the rating system this is very easier to implement and at
least as helpfull. Nobody dares to give a bad voting for an extension
because the system is not anonymous. The result is that the votings don't
give real information. A commenting system/wiki isn't that binding and
gives more room for usefull tips.

Regards

Elmar