[TYPO3-typo3org] working group content [update]

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Mon Apr 2 13:39:27 CEST 2007

Hello Juergen,

there was an extension that was related to an TER-document like "TSref"
and stored user-comments in the DB. It got lost when there were
performance-problems with typo.org . Then the wiki started to have that
task.

What way to you find best:
a) use the comment-extension on the same server that serves the
typo3.org-website (but we shouldn't get performance-problems because of
that)
b) use the wiki as external tool for it (linking to
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Ext_extensionkey ) and back to
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/extensionkey/current/ )
c) use an external server that stores all user-comments in its DB and
provides the comments as RSS so that they can included on typo3.org -
the advantage of that solution is that the performance of typo3.org is
still good, because it just has to show the RSS-feed
http://content.typo3.org/ter-usercomments/extensionkey/ below the Extension-details
(version, author, and so on).

A framework should also have some project-management-features. The wiki
is good for it, but not best. A TYPO3-extension would be better. But
also with this we shouldn't get performance-problems.

Gina has found the wiki-page where she can contribute her ideas. Now
Mattes knows from everybody who can do what and who likes to do what
task.

kind regards
Daniel Brüßler