[TYPO3-typo3org] working group content

Gina Steiner steiner at akea.de
Mon Apr 2 12:30:52 CEST 2007

> Hi Gina,

hi daniel, what a nice day outside...

> don't forget typo3.com - that's an info-page what tells people in
> marketing-view what TYPO3 is. That's comparable with the aim of ubuntu.com

right.

> We have to keep the performance (aka posibility for caching) in mind,
> but that's not important for "dreaming".

for me visions are important, realization is another thing but you're
right: always keep it somewhere, somehow in mind. it's the same with
centralized searching.

> How can we have a typo3.org - page what is "switchable" for the 3
> usergroups (1, 2.1, 2.2) ? Is it good to have 3 Icons on top and have
> reusable content (maybe using tt_news-articles)?

3 icons on top: i don't think so, as 1 are easily moved into 2.1 with
just one or two sentences like typo3.org already does (but not at first
sight).

i asked people who arrived for the first time on typo3.org after
searching typo3 via goolge. e.g. a girl setting up a science project via
typo3 - just putting content in typo3 with the aim of learning more
about typo3. she arrived at typo3.org and got lost.
fortunately she found a typo3 book in the library of her institute.

i would prefer 4 prominent buttons for download, support, contribution
and events directing deeper into the page structure where the
information is located in its logical hierarchy.
additional a navigation reflecting the whole hierarchy without clicking
(for the users 2.2).

the 3 pictures on the startpage point at the right direction but believe
me there are people who don't recognize them as buttons at the first sight.

another thing i just discussed a few minutes ago with thomas hempel are
news.
regarding content and usability what do you think of news as main
content on a start page?

aloha gina