[TYPO3-typo3org] working group content

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Sun Apr 1 10:28:47 CEST 2007

* Daniel Brüßler <info at -remove-patchworking.de> [070331 20:52]:
> => So you could read blog-entries from several people -- and write
> typo3.org - articles.

If I want to inform _someone_ that the information on TYPO3.org is
simply _wrong_ I really do not _WANT_ to stumble thru gazillions of
blogs. IMHO TYPO3.org and _all_ more or less official TYPO3 sites is
a way to show how actually _NOT_ to do it.
We need clearer informations to all TYPO3 newbies so that they faster
can find informations to their questions.
As the many spreaded informations are somehow wrong, it does not help
either. So Gina is really right, and I think Stucky gave the answer:
Please Gina go and mee Mattes, and ask him as often, until the TYPO3.org
thing (and all the "official" informations) are somehow organized.
To me it would be a start to thin kof what informations need to be
integrated more, and where (e.g. a link on each EXT to the bug tracker,
that fills in the catogaries, a corner of "what events" for typo3 to
have all typo3 events in one corner, etc. pp.) We also should clearly
state what are official things and what are non official TYPO3 sites,
so that people at least have some easier way on how to sponsor TYPO3,
how to sponsor the association and how to help out in any way.) So
if anyone is really interested in helping out, than pick your own
thingy, and ocntact Mattes so that things start rolling.

lets get ready to rumble.

> In the wiki it's this situation: People come and contribute what they
> have in their mind -- and the wiki has to show it so as it would be
> centralized. It's not perfect yet, but it's getting better and better ;-)

WIKIs are good for decentralised informations, but we also have to
have organized things like the TER, the "Whom to contact", and other
pages. It also might be wise to link those pages more together.
We have a TER woth some docs, but _no_ links to further informations
to those EXT in the WIKI, ... _THOSE_ are the problems. It seems
only google has an overview of what's ongoing with TYPO3, and this
is somehow frustrating.

best
Juergen
(vice chairmsn TYPO3 accociation)

> kind regards
> Daniel Brüßler
>

> >> But he is not responsible for fixing the content on typo3.org.
> >>
> >> Gina, you'll need to get in touch with Mattes.
> >
> > great, thanx for that information, i'll contact him.
> >
> >> - michael
> >
> > have a nice weekend
> > gina
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jürgen Egeling
Geschäftsführer
public key: http://www.egeling.de/key.html
Key fingerprint = 9AB1 8365 FDEA 4293 84F2  CC84 4A8D 875C 7498 73AA
--
punkt.de GmbH               TYPO3-Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25              Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100