[TYPO3-typo3org] Performance

Allan Jacobsen allan.j at cobsen.dk
Thu Oct 26 00:12:55 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 20:39, Tonni Aagesen wrote:
> Allan Jacobsen wrote:
>
> > Insert a reverse proxy (squid) in front of the webservers. This gives
better
> > performance because even if the html(php) page is dynamic, all pictures
and
> > css will be cached by the proxy.
>
> It might be useful to have look at "Varnish"
> (http://varnish.linpro.no/), which is a new and written-from-scratch
> accellerator created by some people with clue.

Normally I would not waste time on anything that is "new" and
"written-from-scratch", but I agree that Poul-Henning Kamp and linpro usually
create quality stuff, so I will install it on a couple of test server and
give it a good beating, and I will post the results here.

> Btw: For the danish readers that might be interested... PHK is giving a
> talk about in Varnish some time in the near feature in Århus.
Where is this announced ?

Best regards
Allan Jacobsen