[TYPO3-typo3org] Performance

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Wed Oct 25 23:07:31 CEST 2006

Hello Tonni,

>> Insert a reverse proxy (squid) in front of the webservers. This gives
>> better performance because even if the html(php) page is dynamic, all
>> pictures and css will be cached by the proxy.
>
> It might be useful to have look at "Varnish"
> (http://varnish.linpro.no/), which is a new and written-from-scratch
> accellerator created by some people with clue.
>
> Poul Henning Kamp has some slides on the subject:
> http://phk.freebsd.dk/pubs/varnish.pdf
>
> Btw: For the danish readers that might be interested... PHK is giving a
> talk about in Varnish some time in the near feature in Århus.

that's great, I put it into the wiki-page.

Is it needed to put it on an extra server - or can it share a server
with a "worker" (=Apache2/PHP/TYPO3)?

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/cms/rhea-dpg-cms-en-6.1/ch-arch.html
I wonder why the reverse proxy is - in the diagram - not on the same
server as the TCP/IP-load-balancer, why is it so? I think just "the
remaining" requests should be forwarded to the "workers".

kind regards
Daniel Brüßler