[TYPO3-typo3org] Forum moderation?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Oct 24 12:09:19 CEST 2006

Hi Alex,

> What do people feel about moderation of the support.typo3.org forum? I
> know that there isn't moderation for the newsgroups and mailing list,
> but what about (generically yes-or-no) moderation for the forums?

If you moderate the forums, the mailing lists and newsgroups will also be
moderated. Or do I understand something wrong about this?

> Last I checked a few days ago there were over 16,000 unique visitors to
> the forum for the month of October to date, which means a lot of people
> going there. We have the capability to have members moderate and also be
> ranked as "experts" on individual skills or topics to help answer
> questions, so I'm trying to think of the best way to keep things flowing
> smoothly.

Back at the times when the "maillisttofaq" plugin was used on typo3.org,
people could click a link at the bottom of a thread to say that this
information was helpful for them. Unfortunately this information was not
rated any higher in search features...

I would like to see something like this again. Don't know if it already
exists since I didn't have the time to check out the new board yet.

> So, generically, should the forums be "moderate-able", or wide open to
> anything anyone wants to post?

I suggest to not moderate the forums but tag them with useful information.
Some examples:

- Thread/message was helpful
- Posting statistics of each list member (also for non-forum users?)
- Related threads

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out