[TYPO3-typo3org] Consolidate - don't divide => a solution

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Oct 20 14:18:11 CEST 2006

Hi folks.

Just an idea how to consolidate the different sections while still keeping
them as separate domains:

As far as I can see the only bad thing with the current state of the
sections is, that they are hard to find if you don't know they exist. So
what about having the different sections as simple items of the typo3.org
main menu linking to the subdomains?

It would be enough to see a "Wiki", "News", "Support" link when you just
entered typo3.org. The selectbox at the upper right corner simply doesn't
get noticed, since you can't see what's in it (and it's still missing some
sections)

Maybe a "menu of these pages with abstract" together with some nicely
designed icons could be helpful. This could be much better than the current
list of news items, that IMHO should be moved to a smaller right column
while the main column could contain such a teaser menu of "external URLs"
linking to the subdomains.

If we agree on this I would be glad to setup this new home page, maybe with
some help from people who are better icon designers.

Anybody?

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de