[TYPO3-typo3org] Consolidate - don't divide?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Oct 20 08:14:37 CEST 2006

Hi!

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> JH was right, performance was the issue. Lesson learned was; Split
> functionality over multiple domains to make it easier to hos separately.

Splitting functionality between domains not always lowers load.

>> * It doesn't make any sense to use another CMS
>
> Yes, of course it does.

Not if we write our own. It hurts reputation if we do not use our own
tools. It means that we, as developers, do not trust to thing we
develop. This is what customers usually think when they realize such
fact. I know this from customer relations in several commercial projects
(not only typo3).

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/