[TYPO3-typo3org] Consolidate - don't divide?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Thu Oct 19 21:58:54 CEST 2006

Hi Daniel,

JH was right, performance was the issue. Lesson learned was; Split
functionality over multiple domains to make it easier to hos separately.

> But you wrote much for just kidding, so I write three arguments
> * all non-interactive-pages can be served from cache or from
> StaticPublish by Apache

Yes, but irrelevant in the long run.

> * I never needed LoadBalancing for PHP-sites, but it shouldn't be a
> problem. I don't think that more than 2 servers are needed to serve
> www.typo3.org (one for the DB, one for Linux-Apache-Accelerator-PHP-
> TYPO3)

You are wrong.

> * It doesn't make any sense to use another CMS

Yes, of course it does. We should use the best tool for the job. You
forget that TYPO3 may not be the best tool for everything in the
world and currently we are not good at dynamic functionality on a
large scale. Lets just admit that for now and focus on what really
matters; provide the service our community needs. (And if one day the
situation improves we can migrate back to our favourite CMS).

- kasper

"Necessity is the mother of invention"
kasper2006 at typo3.com | +45 20 999 115 | skype: kasperskaarhoej |
gizmo: kasper_typo3