[TYPO3-typo3org] Consolidate - don't divide?

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] jhh at digitaldistrict.de
Thu Oct 19 20:23:15 CEST 2006

> I remember that the mailing-list-search on typo3.org has gone because of
> traffic-problems.

No, performance problems.

> -> Is the search-traffic-problem solved, if we categorize and tag the
> most important newsgroup-entries and serve just these via the searchbox?
>
> => is the performance of the typo3.org-server high enough, if we use
> typo3.org _to develop_ all documentation by teamwork? I mean with the
> full document-lifecycle (beginning from brainstorming/concept to draft
> to review to publish) ?

High enough? It just doesn't make sense. typo3.org does need too much
performance related to users. To be serious: I do not see TYPO3 being the
system to serve typo3.org successfully while having a lot of dynamic
features.
I guess we could "burn" 30-40k? into a new typo3.org, which is not
TYPO3-driven, and which solves many problems, also having a lot of
interactive functionality. It's more or less a religious decision to use
TYPO3 I guess, and I'd support that decision for those religious reasons...
Why having a CMS which can not handle our own site...? Besides I would still
think about voting to use anther framework to get a page which is fast,
dynamic, and NOT in need of a huge server farm.

JH