[TYPO3-typo3org] Consolidate - don't divide?

Staffan Ericsson staffan at zytor.com
Thu Oct 19 10:18:28 CEST 2006

Hi all!

Do we have infiltrators from Joomla, phpNuke, Mambo, Sharepoint or
Polopoly in the TYPO3.org team? It seems like there is a tendency to
divide the TYPO3 webprecense among several different sites.

The way to take over a nation is by divide and conquerer and I got more
and more a feeling of that when it comes to TYPO3's websites.

We got more and more sub domains running with little presence on the
main  page TYPO3.org or on TYPO3.com

typo3.org is a site for developers - but where is the end-users site for
TYPO3? Should TYPO3.com be less a marketing site and more for the end-user?

news.typo3.org should not exist - why not run all news on .org? It will
make the good impression of a living community. Why wasn't the latest
security alert (fe_admin_lib) published on TYPO3.org?

buzz.typo3.org should at least have a little content on TYPO3.org so one
could at least see what's new?.

wiki.typo3.org is a good start but I liked the comment system of old
TYPO3.org better - it was more easily available and solved more problems
for me than the wiki has ever done. A few moderators of the
documentation should take the best of the comments and incooperate it in
the manuals. It should maybe be an option of the extension owners to
receive automatic emails as soon as a comment is posted opening a
possibility of faster support/development.

Kaspers great pod casts should be published on the front page - they
draw attention and markets TYPO3 in a good way. It's easy for the not to
frequent visitor that the pod casts page has gotten an update.

That became a long post - sorry.

.staffan