[TYPO3-typo3org] documentation / Jive / cats

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Wed Oct 18 01:21:41 CEST 2006

Daniel Bruessler wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>

>> Welcome aboard! Just sign up for the forum as a regular user at
>> http://support.typo3.org and then I can add you as a KB mod.
>>
> Yeah, thanks!
>
> I've signed up. Should the username be a real name ? If yes, then I have
> to create another account before you change my user-type.

It doesn't matter what the real name is. Just make sure if you want your
forum posts to get posted back to the mailing lists that your profile
email address is the same as the one you used to sign up for the mailing
list with. Otherwise, feel free to get creative. :)

I've added you to the administrator list, so you should be able to
enter/edit new articles now.

>> anyone has any other recommendations, feel free to chime in on this, the
>> categories are very dynamic, so it doesn't have to be perfect the first
>> time. I just want to get something up quickly so we can start adding
>> content and get it in approximately the right place and I think what
>> Chris did is a great foundation to start with. It can be refined as we
>> go and see what works and what doesn't.
>>
> Good start. For the first time we shouldn't waste time with making the
> perfect categorization. I think we need to explore what are the favorite
> features and what we shouldn't use.
>
> I'm making some notes at
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Documentation_joblist#help_Alex_Heizer_with_the_knowlege_base
> you can have a look.

It looks good, thanks for including this. This makes a good page to keep
track of things that need to be changed or things that are already working.

The features section is good. I also enabled images so we can post
screenshots too.

The problems in the moment section:
* -messages should post immediately, but indexing happens once an hour
so it won't show up in the search immediately.
* -for forum-posted messages to appear in the mailing list, the user
needs to be signed up with the exact same email address that they are
signed up with that forum's mailing list (i.e., to post in the
Main->English forum you need to be signed up for the typo3-english list
with the same email address).

The todo section: The snippets code should show up in the default
monospace font while the rest of the text in Jive is sans-serif (code is
wrapped in pre tags, so it should be set per browser). Does it show up
the same on your browser? What would be a good distinctive font style?
Perhaps 14px in red or TYPO3 dark orange?

Cheers!
Alex