[TYPO3-typo3org] documentation / Jive

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Tue Oct 17 23:40:02 CEST 2006

On categories; Today, in blogging, I understand that people "tag"
content with manually written keywords which form a "folksonomy"; a
sort of implicitly agreed to set of categories. (Please correct me
where I'm wrong).

Why not apply a similar organic approach to extension categorization?
We could even let the TER users apply categories and not extension
owners! That might be even more userfriendly in the long run (along
the view that an insiders understanding doesn't match how an end-user
thinks about things).

- aksper