[TYPO3-typo3org] extensions dissapearing from TER2

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Sat Oct 14 16:25:08 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Michael, you are talkig like a developer who does not care about users
> but about one "nice" feature :)

Actually, I do care about users and that's the *reason* documentation
does only pop up in *one* place, that's /documentation/

> May be it is a feature but as soon as it is inconvinient for people,
> this is a good reason to revise such feature.

If somebody comes up with a real problem, that's fine with me. But
please consider that if we open ter_fe for docs only because of some
mis-categorization of extension XYZ, we will clutter the ter_fe with
lots of extensions that extend nothing, have no actual code, cannot
seriously be rated etc. pp. That's a lot of drawbacks for which I am not
willing to take the blame.

> Well, this is what many people mean about usability in open source
> projects: it is defined by developers who think differently than users :)

Again, I think that given that categories work, having docs only in
/documentation is what 99,9 % of all people expect, as they don't care
how it is stored or processed on typo3.org.

> Decision, which is known only to selected group of people. I heard it
> for the first time right now, for example. How many other people are
> unaware of the decision that impacts them? :)

A decision that was not made nor even endorsed by me. In fact, I still
think treating documentation as extensions is not-such-a-good idea.

Cheers,
Michael