[TYPO3-typo3org] Suggestion on new TYPO3.org frontpage

Espen Svebak firebee at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 15:57:04 CET 2006

Hi Juergen!
> instead of putting the sponsors at eh very last, you could leave
> them totally off. It has the same effect for them, IMHO.
I have to respectfully disagree. The effect actually might be the
opposite. Right now they are placed in such a manner that they might
induce outright banner blindness[1]. When placing them in the natural
flow of the content they might be noticed to a larger extent.

I realize that the sponsors of TYPO3 are important. Tests can be
performed to ensure that the new placement is equal in quality, creating
a win-win scenario for everybody involved.

> The news on the left takes to much space compared to the amount
> of news that is produced. (We have the 25th and the last news is from the
> 16th.), which is IMHO the same problem on the original page.
That is a solution that we should seriously consider

> I dound no way navigating back to the startpage. (maybe only the "home"
> link is missing)
There are two ways back to the startpage. 1. The breadcrumb trail with
the missing home link and 2. the TYPO3 logo

Great feedback, thanks! :)

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banner_blindness