[TYPO3-typo3org] Suggestion on new TYPO3.org frontpage

Espen Svebak firebee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 09:22:17 CET 2006

> I am a bit lost in your version, do not know where to put my eyes.
>
> There is a theory how people view web sites. According to that theory they
> start from top left, go down and to the center. Almost no one looks to the
> right and least of people look to the top right. This why every large site
> uses left and top parts for heading, menus, etc.

You are partial right, Nielsen argues that webusers read in an F pattern
instead of the traditional Z pattern in print.
 http://www.useit.com/alertbox/reading_pattern.html

It really depends on what we want the user to focus on, but I agree there is
still much improvement to be had.

> I think you need to swap right and left column of your design.
That might work, I will give it a try and post the result tomorrow.

Thanks for your feedback :)