[TYPO3-typo3org] [ANN] Public beta test for TER2 ratings and frontend

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Wed May 24 09:05:58 CEST 2006

Stig Nørgaard Færch wrote:
> Michael Scharkow skrev:
>> Hi *,
>>
>> thanks to all beta testers. I think we're ready for deployment now, as
>> some features need to be done later anyway (like pagination and
>> categories). I've done my best to incorporate requests and squash bugs.
>>
>> - limited comments to 250 chars, limited history to 30 ratings
>
> This means that good rating notes will disappear with time?

Yes, and bad ones as well, but keep in mind that ratings are version
specific, so it would take more than X reviews for a version before
anything completely disappears. The limit is completely arbitrary and
can be changed if needed. If for whatever reason there are *really* many
ratings for lots of extensions, we can add pagination of ratings later...

> I think it would be great if we could prioritize the ratings/notes by
> clicking on yes or no for if the rating note was helpful or not? (like
> amazon)
> If clicked yes - the priority will step one up. If clicking no it will
> descrease one.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree here, and have said so from the start. No
  ratings of ratings and other drama, as it makes ratings overly
complicated and draws more attention to the rating than to the extension
it relates to.

Greetings,
Michael