[TYPO3-typo3org] Extension documentation not available... sometimes

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Wed May 17 17:35:48 CEST 2006

Hi Robert,

> I created a FAQ entry at http://typo3.org/extensions/faq and a little
> news message.

Thanks. This will be useful information.

There is one aspect that I do not understand. Your text says: "Make sure
that only one heading of level 1 exists". I think this is not necessary.
This should rather be: "at east one".

The manual of most extensions has a superfluous level 1 because the
title of the document is at level 1. I think we should distinguish
between the title of the document and the title of the first chapter.

I have now started to publish the manual of my extensions using the
"Title" style for the title of the document, and "Title 1" for the title
of each of the chapters, each chapter being at level 1 in the table of
contents. The manual is then correctly rendered on TER and does not
contain the superfluous level 1. For example:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/sr_feuser_register/2.3.4/view/

Will this approach put me in trouble in some other TER or typo3.org feature?

Regards,
Stanislas

P.S. Whatever the approach, I note that if I click on an extension name
in one of the list views on TER, the chapter titles are then listed, but
they all link to the table of contents instead of the specific chapter.