[TYPO3-typo3org] [ANN] Public beta test for TER2 ratings and frontend

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Mon May 8 08:01:06 CEST 2006

* Michael Scharkow <mscharkow at gmx.net> [060506 15:06]:
> because ratings work only with logged-in users. And please be nice to my
> small vserver!

Hello,
it is very nice, *but* as always some suggestions:
1.) the full list the rating column works if we have a few raters like
  now, but think of how it looks like it 10324 people voted for one EXT.
2.) For the Updated column it might give some more space if you show
  the dates like Unix does in ls: Like "Nov  8 11:41" if its within one year from
  now and "Oct 28  2005" if its older... But oh well I am not sure about this.
3.) Technical question: When is the rating calculated? During display, or when
  someone actually votes? I really suggest that it is calculated during the
  voting, as I assume that voting is done far less than viewing, and this
  would decreas database load. Or how are you doing the rating calculation?

best regards and many thanks for the work
Juergen