[TYPO3-typo3org] new documentation structure

Susanne Moog mail at susi-moog.de
Sat May 6 22:31:09 CEST 2006

Sebastian Kurfuerst schrieb:
> Hi,
> During the last time, I spent some time to create an improved document
> index, especially for newbies. Thanks at first to Uschi from the IRC
> chat, and to Patrick Gaumond. Both supported me in creating the page,
> and structured the documentation logically together with me.
> We wanted to create a guide "Learning TYPO3", structuring all documents
> - from the basics, up to extension programming.
>
> Please post comments here, what you like, dislike, etc!

Hi Sebastian,

I like the new site-structure very well, and I learned that I have read
nearly everthing in the wrong order ;)

I think it's short enough to make sure people will read it till the end
but still clear enough to understand which way to go.
Just one side note: I think it would be helpfull too, if various
Typo3-Books and their skill-levels were listed too. I know there is a
policy concerning listing books only when contributing to the
Typo3Assoc, but maybe one could at least tell that several books exist
and not only one.
Oh and perhaps one should write the hint to the official book in the
text, because I overlooked it, when I went through the page (like: hey
nice picture, ok, read the text now. you don't need to read things under
images they are never interesting ;))

Nice work all in all.

Regards,

Susanne