[TYPO3-typo3org] TERdesign reconditioned

Tue Mar 14 05:34:06 CET 2006

Michael Scharkow schrieb:
> I don't see the point in making the top-20 lists browseable. Seriously,
> who's interested in the 20-40 places of most popular extensions except
> their authors? If you're interested in the download numbers, they're
> there in single view. TER2 is not a prom queen election...

Hi Michael,

I am. If you are not looking just for a template parser or a login but
something more special you come quickly into that range.

Current top 10 are mainly taken by basical kinds of tools, rarther
than real extensions: autoparser, htmlarea, static info tables,
frontend login, statistics, frontend registration. All this are
typical core components of a fullblown CMS rather than real
"extensions" to it. The results have not so much informational value,
because they are self-evident. The interesting results come hereafter.

As long as you can sort the full list by pupularity it has a simliar
effect than having Top 10 or Top 50.

Regards

Elmar