[TYPO3-typo3org] TERdesign reconditioned

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Mon Mar 13 10:50:19 CET 2006

Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:

> 1) i hope you do not want the icon extension to stay there. Fast 'full
> list' reload is crucial for usability. It could be an option (checkbox)
> that user can turn on / off and which can be remembered in his cookies.
> The default view for speed reason should be without icons IMHO.
> If someone will still miss the icon ext in default 'iconless' view there
> could be new TYPO3 logo icon in this place inserted with CSS.
>
> 2) does anyone know how the filed "description" and "changelog" affect
> time response for 'full list'? Some desc and changelog are really long.
> Again there could be at least two 'cookie remembered' checkboxes for
> "Show description" and "Show changelog"

Hi Krystian,

the above view will never be used in full list, as I stated here more
than once, because with 1000+ extensions, the page would be some
kilometres long.
It will be used in search results, most popular and most recent views,
and as part of the single view for any extension. All these are views
that we expect or guarantee to be =< 20 items. Therefore, I think the
icon can stay as it is, as can the rating image and the description and
changelog.

The compact list consists currently of title, extkey, state, last
upload, manual link and is a simple table.

Greetings,
Michael