[TYPO3-typo3org] TERdesign reconditioned

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Sat Mar 11 18:47:54 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> Michael Scharkow schrieb:
>
>>The current prototype lacks the link to the manual, the rating (imagine
>>an amazon-style star image), the info about the review state, etc. and
>

> + user comments

User comments will definitely not go into this view, but on a separate
rating part available only in single view.

> + link to wiki

What for?

> + link to backtracker

What for? What is a backtracker?

> 1.) Which informations belong into a search result list at all?

The point is: What listing belongs to which view at all? The full list
and unsupported list must use the compact table view.

But what about a) Most popular, b) most recent, c) best rated, d)
extensions by author XYZ, e) categories

They all mean lots of scrolling if we list more than ten extensions, but
OTOH it would be strange if the criteria they are filtered by aren't
even listed.

> 2.) Wich informations belong only onto the details page?

Dependencies, Files,

> 3.) Is there a smart way to display additional information on
> mouseover for the result list?

I'd rather not fall back to mouseover or JS hide/unhide techniques for a
list view that is meant to be quickly glanced over.

Greetings,
Michael