[TYPO3-typo3org] TER FE enhancements

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Sat Mar 11 17:01:35 CET 2006

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Am Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:12:50 +0100 schrieb Ingo Renner:
>

>>I just fear that these orange borders won't fit into the new design...
>

> http://www.ingo-renner.com/fileadmin/misc/ter2/ter2_joh.htm
> http://www.ingo-renner.com/fileadmin/misc/ter2/ter2_ir.htm

Hi guys,

please don't take this as a beauty contest of any kind. I don't want to
spoil JoH's or Ingo's work, really. The point is that the first is
better accessibility-wise and semantically more correct while the later
takes less space in the current layout.

a) Ingo's font-size is smaller, the table wider than JoH's <li> (still
your solution is more compact)
b) while I like the info-boxes at the top in Ingo's solution, it does
not scale well horizontally I guess, while Joey's list does profit from
a wider main column.

The drawback with JoH's current solution is that it has a big fixed
height, which will get worse with adding more fields (and rating info
*will* need to fit there.)

How about splitting the green info block into two or three and float
them horizontally? Like

ExtensioKey: | Category: | Downloads:
tx_foo_bar   | front-end | 10023/23422
Version:     | Author    | Ratings
1.0.2	     | Jon Doe   | 4.5 (23 votes)

and let the description and upload comment *still* float around that
whole block?

Man, I didn't know it would be so tough...

Cheers,
Michael