[TYPO3-typo3org] TER FE enhancements

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Fri Mar 10 20:53:12 CET 2006

Hi Elmar and Ingo,

I do like the idea of using <dl> for individual extension info fields,
but I for the higher level, an unordered list containing those dl stuff
*might* be just as cryptic in text browsers as the current tables.

My take:

1. For compact ext lists use a table (I have the additional fields,
sorting, and zebra-rows-CSS ready and working here)

2. For the shorter detail lists (like popular or search results) use an
<ul> with the detail infos as <li>, if possible

3. For the detail views I'd really like <dl> but *they should look like*
Ingo's table solution which I find visually appealing but hard to grok
as text.

Please, dear CSS wizards, do you think we could style the <dl>, <dd>,
etc. too look as good as Ingo's solution? Any other options that look cool?

Greetings,
Michael

PS: I don't think the extension state should *only* be visualized by CSS
because it's an essential information that should be visible without
CSS. For the compact lists, I have <td class="Beta">Beta</td> which can
be styled to look just like the state images...