[TYPO3-typo3org] TER FE enhancements

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Wed Mar 8 20:21:53 CET 2006

Hi *, hi Robert,

as I have a little time at hand presently, I'd like to improve some
stuff in ter_fe which might enhance the usability.

Notice: I can do all the patches myself and don't need any help but just
approval/better ideas, and would send in the stuff to Robert or commit
it to CVS straight ahead.

In no particular order:

1. As Karsten said, replace "Documentation" with "Manual" or just
"docs", and replace "read online" with "read".

2. Remove the icons from list view as 80% are useless, and they hurt
page loading time and the server load a lot.

3. Add state and last update as columns in list view, as they are useful
to a lot of people. I'd also add rating as a column once it's ready.

4. Make the lists sortable, at least with: extkey, title, state,
last_update, (rating).

5. Merge Info and Detail view, they still fit easily on one page if you
clean up the tables and put them one after the other.

6. Add a history view (as exists in the review plugin) that just outputs
the upload comments in reverse chronological order. This would be a
simple changelog. The history view could also be appended after info/details

7. Add a list_by_author view (similar to categories view), where all
extensions by author XYZ are listed, link to this in any extensions info
view (other extensions by author...)

8. Clean up (or even replace) the table output with something less
'static' in single view...

And some questions...

What's the status of the category views? How can I help? Do we have
mm_relations or plain one_cat_per_ext?

Can we remove the doc_only/l10n extensions (csh_xx) from the ter_fe
views, as the are not very useful to browse, and get special treatment
in 4.0 anyway... (We could simple filter by category l10n and doc).

All this could be done until the weekend.

Greetings,
Michael