[TYPO3-typo3org] Request for TYPO3.org extension lists

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Mar 3 09:31:26 CET 2006

wes currier schrieb am 03.03.2006 01:51:

> The issue I had is that with versions of TYPO3 from 3.5 all the way
> through 4.0 beta 3, there are many extensions that will not work for
> certain versions. (...)

I fully agree with you that this is an important information. I was just
telling that the already existing field where we have the
"TYPO3-version" displayed (in the detail view of an extension) is NOT
what you are looking for. That information is just the TYPO3-version
from where the author uploaded it to TER.

So you are right, we would need to create a new field (in
ext_emconf.php) which the author has to fill out, if he knows the
minimum requirement. Or even better, use the already existing
"dependencies" tag to require certain version numbers, instead of just
extension keys. This could/should work just like RPM pakages. And having
a new "pseudo-extension-key" called "TYPO3core" we could even put the
required TYPO3core version, if the author has that information.

> A recent example. I thought the new versions of the DAM that Rene just
> made available on his site was only for 4.0 but, in reading the DAM
> newsgroup someone asked if it would work with 3.8.1 and apparently it
> does. Now I can try the newest version.

It was me that asked. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto